Lippielust uses CANON EOS M3 & CANON EOS 60D for both arm and lip swatches. Plain backdrops are used in all swatches photos to present a more clear and focused product display. Ringlight, soft box, and / or sun light are used to maximize the lighting.
Lippielust uses CANON EOS M3 & CANON EOS 60D for video contents. Ringlight, soft box, and / or sun light are used to maximize the lighting.
Lippielust uses Adobe Photoshop CC 2016 as the only editing tools for photos and Adobe Premier CC 2017 & After Effect for video editing.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Swatches photos will be done for informational purposes only. Lipstick shades will be worn one by one to show the real experience (including colors, textures, and the like). The color shown on the model may not be similar to others, so we encourage our readers to read the shades’ description on each posts and compare to other swatchers.
- Swatches photos are and will be edited fairly, including brightness, contrast, sharpness, color correction, etc. However, Lippielust don’t do ‘template swatches’ (same lips with color changed to match every shades). For catalogue purposes, Lippielust tend to edit the edges of the lips to be more crisp. This is done to make the lips as the only focus, not the skin, etc.
- Lippielust will not edit patchiness / unevenness just to make the swatches look better — or worse. Lippielust is a professional swatcher who knows best to prep the lips before taking swatches photos; lip scrubbing will be done prior to all swatches shoots. However, Lippielust will not use any primers (oils, lip balms, etc) before the shoots.
All product review will be based on Lippielust’s personal experiences and tryouts. All products will be tested first to rate all aspects needed. However, this method will take up to 1 month to make a clear picture of a product from the day the product is received by Lippielust’s team.
Please be advised that any opinions are solely owned by the Author. Read the full disclosure here.
LIPSTICK RATING — THE ASPECTS:
- RELEVANCY (Relevancy of a product to the claim given) 1-10
- FORMULA & TEXTURE (The formulation and texture of a product) 1-10
- LONGEVITY & PERFORMANCE (The overall performance of a product, including how long will a product stay on the lips / face) 1-10
- PRICE (Based on Lippielust’s experience, Price is one of the most considerable factor to buy a product) 1-10
- DESIGN (packaging and / or tube, and also the entire design of a product) 1-10
You will also see ‘The Goods’ and ‘The Bads’, as the overall visible strengths and weaknesses of a product.